Freak Plant fundraiser
June 13th and 14th, 2020
During a lag in new COVID cases, we held a very successful masked and socially distanced fundraiser.
We raised approximately $1000 towards our operating budget and made many new friends from the neighborhood and all over the city.
We hope this will be an annual event. In early December 2020, we will also begin selling select Freak Plants regularly out of our gallery space.
All plants were personally cultivated from non-GMO seed in limited quantities and have been grown organically.
Plants will not be sold but will be exchanged for fixed donations to support our operating costs.
Mature Tomato Seedlings (for July/August harvest)
- Bing Cherry Blue tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)
- Creme Brulee tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)
- Abraham Lincoln tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)
- German Lunchbox tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)
Established Chile Peppers (ready for transplant to garden or large containers)
- Chocolate Habanero pepper (Capsicum chinense)
- Ghost pepper aka Bhut Jolokia (Capsicum chinense + Capsicum frutescens hybrid)
- Thai Bird’s Eye chili (Capsicum annuum)
Curiosities and Specimens
- Sensitive plant aka Shame plant (Mimosa pudica)
- Virginia Gold tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum)
- Toothache plant aka Paracress (Acmella oleracea)
- Purple Coneflowers (Echinacea purpurea)
- Telegraph plant (Codariocalyx motorius)
- Ornamental ginger (unknown)
COVID-19 precautions: this event will be held outside in our front lot. Masks and social distancing are encouraged. Donations by Venmo or PayPal are encouraged when possible. If you prefer to arrange an exchange for a different time, that is also possible. Email us.